Our client is a Poultry Farm with a vision to provide quality Agricultural Product need the below professional for immediate employment
Overview of the position
- Plan, oversee and participate to the management of all aspect of the poultry business; including poultry husbandry; egg, cull and manure production and sales; ordering storage and consumption of poultry feeds and water
- Ensure the maintenance of livestock, equipment and production records; maintain strict bio security measures
- Assist with the care and maintenance of farm property other than residential structures and grounds,
- Assist in preparing the Poultry Business Plan
- Prepare a Quarterly status Report of performance
- Enforce high standards of safety, cleanliness and maintenance on personnel and property,
- Exercise appropriate supervisory control of employees,
- Liaise with external stakeholders (e.g. local authority, poultry associations, competitors, suppliers etc)
- Assists workers where required in duties, i,e. collecting and candling eggs, feeding and vaccinating poultry, crating and shipping eggs, and cleaning and fumigating chicken houses
- Trains new workers, Participates in work activities to expedite workload.
- Prepares worker attendance, egg production, feed consumption, and poultry mortality reports.
- B. Sc degree or HND in Animal or Poultry Science
- A minimum of 8 years experience managing a good sized and technologically advanced poultry farm
- Extensive experience in poultry production
- Experience in specialised technology and economy of large scale poultry business
- Extensive knowledge in farm management
- Business acumen.
- Knowledge of financial record keeping and accounting
- Problem solving skills
Method of Application:
Application and CV’s with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application closes on 22nd August, 2012