ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for Technical Associate (Irrigation), to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- To assist Engineer / Agricultural Officer / Agricultural Engineer in the day-to-day works like conducting irrigation operations, shifting of pump-sets from one location to another.
- Operation and Maintenance of pump-sets (Centrifugal, Submersible / Diesel)
- Ensuring adequate water levels in the storage tanks, and maintaining them by operating the pump-sets
- Operation and maintenance of bird scaring guns.
- To lay pipes for different types of irrigation.
- Attend to minor repairs of engines/ pump-sets in the field.
- Transport of manpower to different work spots.
- To repair and maintain calcium carbide guns
- Yearly maintenance of irrigation and labour operation equipment
- Maintenance of brush cutters
- Repair of irrigation equipment and servicing of pump-sets if necessary.
- To attend early and late hour jobs when required
- Should be able to speak (Telugu, Hindi, and English) & read / write simple English.
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to work in multicultural team.
- ITI – Diesel Mechanic with 2 to 3 years of experience in petrol engines, diesel engines and pump-set repairs
- Possessing a valid LMV driving license is preferable
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to
Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324,
or by E-mail to [email protected],
Deadline: latest by 14th August 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply”