Field Assistant / Driver (2 year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Field Assistant / Driver. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
The Drivers/Field workers will work as members of the SARD-SC project team in Nigeria.
- Drive Scientists and other research staff to research locations
- Participate actively in the conduct of research experimentations at different sites
- Convey research materials to all research and development locations
- Assist in the planting and harvesting of maize trials.
- Ensure that vehicles are properly maintained
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Ordinary National Diploma in Crop Production, General Agriculture, Horticulture or related discipline from a reputable
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a similar position
- Possesion of a valid driving license
- Good time management
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Team player
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link:
Closing Date: 28th May 2013