IITA Recruitment: Accounting Assistant (2 year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Accounting Assistant. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
The Accounting Assistant will work as a member of the SARD-SC project team in Nigeria.
- Preparation of payments vouchers/advices, petty cash payment vouchers, journals vouchers etc.
- Handling of blank cheques during working hours and also writing cheques.
- Maintain advances and assets registers for the project
- Handling of Oracle AP and GL responsibilities and carry out data entries activities
- Keeping books of prime entries and reconcile statement of account of suppliers
- Responding to queries from suppliers and service providers
- Organize and maintain files on financial transactions
- Providing linkage with procurement processes in the project
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- OND in Accountancy/Business Studies or ICAN Foundation or AAT III plus at least 3 years’ relevant working experience in Accounting.
- Be honest, trustworthy and hardworking.
- Be a good team player with demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Have sound analytical mind.
- Be willing to put in extra hours when the need arises.
- Good knowledge of computer spreadsheet, Oracle application and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Good command of the English language.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to handle stress effectively and remain focused.
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Closing Date: 28th May 2013