IITA Recruitment: Program Administrative Officer (2-year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Program Administrative Officer at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Successful candidate will:
- Provide overall administrative, management and operational support to the Humidtopics Executive Office.
- Assist with Management (Inventory, local and international Purchasing and Asset Disposal).
- Administratively backstop the administration of the Humidtropics locations
- Assist with streamlining general administrative policies and procedures to comply with Humidtropics and IITA institute policies and local laws and norms
- Reviewing and monitoring of the allocated budget to the Executive Office and Partners
- Assisting Executive Office with finance and budget management across Humidtropic location
- Assist and advising the Partner Representatives and scientist in all administrative and management matters
- Perform any other activities as may be assigned by the Executive Office managers
Qualification and Experience
HND/B.Sc Business Administration, Project Management and other related fields. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Project Management.
Experience working in agriculture research organization and good knowledge of French language will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link:
Closing Date: 28th May 2013