Desa Plants Plc Jobs in Ethiopia : Production Manager
- Company: Desa Plants Plc
- Location: Mojo, Oromia, Ethiopia
- State: modjo
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
DESA PLANTS PLC is a foreign investment company in the horticulture sector located in Ejersa, 83km from Addis Ababa. Production and export of high quality unrooted and rooted cuttings are the main activities of Desa Plants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: We look for a highly qualified and experienced Production Manager who will plan and direct all production activities within the production department. The Production Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities through own input and by coordinating his supporting staff:
- Make yearly and seasonal production planning
- Check and confirm availability of cuttings
- Make general crop planning
- Ensure that the planned targets are achieved
- Ensure that the crops are grown in accordance to their requirement in order to give maximum production
- Assist in the design of appropriate spraying programs and ensure that these are carried out correctly
- Ensure the correct operation and maintenance of different crops is executed timely
- Ensure all irrigation systems and other equipment are working properly
- Make sure crops are harvested on time and stored and treated appropriately
- Supervise, control, assess and train workers
- Set targets for efficiency of workers and achieve targets in all areas
- Follow up and ensure recording of all the necessary data
- Organize & report daily, weekly & monthly meetings of supervisors, agronomists and other workers
PROFILE KEY WORDS:
- Tactful, analytical capacity, problem solver, persuasive communication skills, team player, people manager, achieves goals and targets even under pressure, persistent, stress resistant, inspiring, keeps ethical and company values high.
REPORTING TO: General Manager
- You will be part of a young and dynamic team.
- You will work in a dynamic business in an international company.
- We offer an attractive salary package including insurance cover and medical costs refund.
Minimum Qualification, Education and Experience:
- Minimum requirement is BSc Degree in Horticulture with minimum two and preferable 5 years of relevant work experience in the position of production manager.
- Preferable five or more years of relevant work experience in the position of production manager with a minimum of two years.
- Good computer skills. Very fluent in both written and verbal English communication.
How to Apply
CV and convincing application letter should be send till 20/04/2018 only to:
Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: Office Ejersa 0116-569195