Land O’Lakes, Inc Jobs in Ethiopia : Livestock Specialist
- Company: Land O’Lakes, Inc
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Land O’Lakes International Development is currently seeking a Livestock Specialist for USAID-funded Growth through Nutrition project in Ethiopia. The project will provide ongoing assistance to the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to strengthen the institutional and policy environment, develop its human resources for nutrition Sensitive Agriculture, and implement strategies that address poverty and food security and social and behavioral barriers to optimal nutrition.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Livestock Specialist will be responsible for the overarching technical approach in increasing access to diverse, safe and quality foods in the area of livestock products specifically. This position will oversee new and innovative ways to engage households in poultry rearing, dairy, sheep and goat production, and training individuals on animal husbandry and health. This individual will coordinate with the Prime on distribution schemes for vulnerable households, as well as scaling up chicken hatchery units, and will ensure strong integration of the project’s livestock and nutrition components. In addition, this position will coordinate with the Agribusiness Specialist to strengthen the role of the private sector in providing animal health services. And developing different business models in backyard chicken production.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Livestock Specialist will report to the Land O’Lakes GTN Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and above in animal production and management, Veterinary science, or related field,
- 5+ years’ professional experience, in livestock managing or implementing development programs. Coaching field Extension agents;
- Excellent English language communication, report writing and development of training materials.
- Livestock business development skill is an asset
- Experience in training of trainers
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Advance degree related to animal science
- Held similar post in the past
- Experience working on integrated agriculture and nutrition program
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through the link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.