We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Gender Monitoring and Evaluation Results Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093747
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Agriculture, Human, and Social Development’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy High 5s priority of “Feed Africa” and “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
The Complex Objectives are:
- To develop, policy and strategy;
- Provide deep sector expertise to the regions by gathering pools of experienced individuals who can be consulted to provide sector expertise on complex transactions;
- Develop new financing instruments;
- The Vice President will act as the spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on aspects of “Feed Africa” and “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Gender, Women and Civil Society Department is to operationalize the TYS H5 priority of “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa” with focus on Gender, Women and Civil Society.
- The Gender, Women and Civil Society Department is designed to improve coherence and coordination across complexes on gender and Civil Society Organization issues.
- The department will ensure strategic priorities are reflected in resources allocation, enhanced monitoring and management of performance, and strengthening the focus on results.
- The Principal Gender Monitoring and Evaluation Results Officer is responsible for ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of the Gender Strategy implementation externally and internally.
- Gender mainstreaming in operations is crucial for achieving the aims of the gender strategy and progress in the Regional Member Countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Principal Gender Monitoring and Evaluation Results Officer under the oversight of the Division Manager, Gender and Women Empowerment, performs the following:
- Design monitoring and evaluation systems for gender mainstreaming in the Bank at the operational, policy and corporate level.
- Develop key performance indicators across the Complex for measuring impact of gender mainstreaming.
- Develop guidelines and tools for data collection and reporting on achievements in gender mainstreaming in the Bank.
- Align monitoring and evaluation in operations with the Bank’s Results Measurement Framework and develop linkages for data feed.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation system to generate reliable gender statistics on key indicators for results monitoring and reporting.
- Support the Gender, Women and Civil Society Department in implementing gender mainstreaming in the Bank projects and programs to ensure gender relevant outcomes;
- Provide significant level of policy analysis and advice that informs actions taken by the Bank and provide recommendations to the Gender, Women and Civil Society Department;
- Conduct data cleaning, management and analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Analyze, synthesize and interpret data with regard to gender progress/results, write technical publications and make recommendations for strengthening policies and operations;
- Communicate and disseminate findings to relevant stakeholders through briefs, technical publications, presentations and policy dialogue.
- Train staff, gender experts, task managers and partners on integrating gender into Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Support the implementation of bank wide capacity building on gender for partners, Regional Economic Communities, Bank staff and gender focal points;
- Work in collaboration with United Nations Economic Commission for Africa on harmonized gender index; and Africa Union Commission for inputs and analysis for annual Women’s Scorecard
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, Gender, or closely related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating gender and/or development projects
- Experience with similar institutions in developing countries including a satisfactory knowledge of their operational policies and procedures;
- Knowledge and experience in gender and development, familiarity with standard gender indicators and resources for obtaining gender statistics.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentations.
- Experience liaising, coordinating and engaging with a variety of stakeholders internal as external (institutions, government)
- Ability to deal in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with and among staff of the Division;
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to optimize and sustain the activities planned;
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines,
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online