We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Recruitment Type: National (2 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in driving AfricaYam project vehicles to convey authorized staffs and visiting partners;
- Drive vehicles on errands for project activities and assist in the execution of projects activities in lab, screen house, glass house and field;
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of project vehicles (cleaning of inside and outside, daily/regular check-up of the engine oil level, water level, the battery and the air filter etc.)
- Ensure vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS);
- Report any malfunction of the Unit vehicle under his care to the immediate supervisor;
- Ensure the recording of each trip details in the vehicle logbook;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level plus valid driver’s license with at least three (3) years’ professional driving experience, preferably with an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be familiar with Nigeria and West African routes and be prepared to work extra hours and during weekends.
- Be hard-working, courteous, and respectful. Ability to work with staff of diverse nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.
- Be computer literate in using digital devices such as tablets.
- Have good communication skills and fluent in writing, reading, and speaking in English.
- Have good driving skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)