Positions: Field worker II
Location: Kano Recruitment
Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
Deadline: 13th February 2019
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable internal applicants for the positions above at the Institute’s station in Kano.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Carryout cleaning/sorting of planting materials for Laboratory, Screen house and field trials;
• Perform suggested/planned crosses for the development of cultivars
• Involve in field layouts, ensure timely planting and harvesting of experimental materials;
• Involve in plant sampling for laboratory analyses;
• Assist in collecting data on laboratory, screen house and field trials;
• Assist in entering data into computer from electronic field book and other sources for analyses;
• Participate in arranging training for farmers;
• Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of glass/screenhouse working environments;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
O’level with minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have ability to understand and act on instruction.
• Have good time management skills.
• Be ready to work long hours when the needs arise.
• Have ability to perform multiple task and work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/about/jobs/ no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.