IITA Recruitment: Research Technician – 2 year renewable contract (2 positions)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Research Technician. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
The Research Technicians will work as members of the SARD-SC project team in Nigeria.
- Prepare, process and package maize trials
- Distribute trials to different in-country locations
- Plant and collect data
- Maintain trial field
- Engage in seed production
- Harvest Trials
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Crop Production, General Agriculture, Horticulture or related discipline from a reputable university/college/polytechnic
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a similar position
- Basic knowledge of crop management operations
- Good time management and cropping skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Team player
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Closing Date: 28th May 2013