ICRISAT seeks applications for a Technology/Instrumentation Specialist. Position to be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters, Hyderabad India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
The Technology/Instrumentation Specialist would be responsible for handling high- end equipment at the new BIRAC-BioNEST Bio-Incubator facility being set up at ICIRISAT.
- Oversee procurement and installation processes of instruments and equipment to be installed at the Bio-incubator leading to the adherence to the respective Installation Qualification (IQ), Operational Qualification (OQ) and Performance Qualification (PQ).
- Carry out routine testing and calibration of the instruments/equipment to ensure that the equipment function within the operating limits.
- Support and guide the incubatees in handling of the high-end equipment like LCMS, HPLC, Real time PCR machines etc.
- Handle basic maintenance of the instruments/equipment with the help of maintenance personnel/vendor and assist in the cleaning, monitoring and repairing the equipment.
- Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of all other Laboratory Equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors for software upgradation, trouble shooting, repair, and maintenance as necessary.
- Graduate in Electronics/instrumentation technology/Biology with demonstrated experience in handling high-end equipment.
- 5 or more years of technical experience in handling LCMS/HPLC/PCR machine etc. Experience in Research, Laboratory management, and work experience in an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited laboratory will be an added advantage.
- Technical competencies to handle high-end equipment like LCMS, HPLC and leading the maintenance staff.
- Liaison with programs & coordinating abilities
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Proficiency in basic Computer skills
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team
- Ability to deal tactfully under pressure situations, deliver under tight schedules, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Multi-language competency will be an added advantage.
This is a Consolidated (NRS-CON) position for three years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 29-June-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.