Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Application Closing Date
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Assistant – Cash Based Transfer and Social Protection (CBT-SP)
Job type: Full Time
- The position is based in Monguno, Borno State and directly supervised by the Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Officer.
- The FSL Assistant-Cash Based Transfer and Social Protection will support the implementation of FSL activities on cash base transfer and social protection to achieve the specific objective of the EU project which is to improve nutrition security of conflict affected populations through uptake of critical household health and hygiene behaviors with the aim of providing primary health care, water, livelihoods sources, sanitation and hygiene services.
Task and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community mobilization towards social protection program.
- Organize meetings at the local level for the beneficiaries and the program team..
- Facilitate training on social protection interventions.
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities for social protection cash transfer.
- Provide relevant information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency at implementation of activities.
- Collect information and data on social protection at LGA level through surveys, assessments and regular post distribution monitoring of beneficiary households
- Collect the required information to facilitate the capacity building and training program.
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses’
- Support the FSL Officer in ensuring cash transfers to target beneficiaries are conducted in a transparent way and include active participation of women and minority members of communities.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Business Management, Accounting or related field e.g. Agric economics, Agriculture, Development Studies etc.
- Relevant work experience within the humanitarian context including cash transfer programs.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER mission, values and policy
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online