IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA, seeks suitable Nigerian for the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan and its farm location in Mokwa:
Job Title: Field Worker II
Location: Mokwa, Ibadan
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in applying ethylene gas for striga control;
- Assist in the multiplication of open-pollination varieties at Mokwa;
- Assist in laying and planting of trials, nurseries and pollination of breeding materials;
- Assist in multiplying seeds of open-pollinated varieties and hybrid at Ibadan;
- Assist in harvesting, seed processing, and storage of breeding materials;
- Assist in supervising casual workers during planting, thinning, striga count, pollination, harvesting and threshing;
- Assist in preparation of trials and nurseries;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- O’Level with a minimum of Three (3) years’ experience performing similar role
Ideal Candidate must possess:
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Good communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.