Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management, operations and coordination of all project activities, staff, consortium members and partners.
- S/he will provide strategic, technical and programmatic leadership, management and administration, as well as representation of the project to USAID, the Government of Nigeria, and other key stakeholders.
- The COP will ensure adherence to technical and programmatic quality, compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables to USAID.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Development Studies, or a related technical field.
- At least ten years’ experience working on orphan and other vulnerable children (OVC) programs or related health and social services programs;
- At least five years of senior technical or managerial level experience on USAID and/or PEPFAR programs, with demonstrated knowledge of USAID and/or PEPFAR guidelines, regulations and reporting requirements (previous COP experience strongly preferred);
- State-of-the-art technical knowledge in one or more OVC technical areas (such as social protection programming, economic strengthening, early childhood development, child protection, health and nutrition, social welfare systems strengthening, adolescent girls’ programming, care and support for children and adolescents living with HIV, or other relevant area), demonstrated by at least three years of senior management in this field;
- Comprehensive understanding of the social welfare and health system structures and policies in Nigeria;
- Demonstrated ability to engage government ministries, departments and agencies, and represent OVC priorities and issues;
- Experience in financial, administrative and technical management of large grants involving consortium members, sub-recipient partners, or other teaming arrangements;
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Proven ability to work independently, plan strategically and analyze situations critically;
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- “CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’.