Post: Research Operations Coordinator
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Research Operations Coordinator to join its Research Division at AfricaRice, Cotonou.
AfricaRice is one of the 15 international agricultural research Centers that are members of the CGIAR Consortium. It is also an autonomous intergovernmental association of African member countries.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director General, the successful candidate will:
- Provide administrative coordination to the AfricaRice Task Force Mechanism and the Rice Sector Development Hub Network operating in all of AfricaRice’s 24 member states;
- Act as the focal point for compilation of work plans and progress reports of scientists, projects, Task Forces and Research Programs;
- Assist with research grant development and interact with donor agencies if and when required;
- Coordinate the organization of scientific events at AfricaRice, such as the AfricaRice Science Week, Research Division meetings, project workshops, Task Force meetings etc.
- Provide support in editing and proofreading of scientific documents;
- Act as secretary to the AfricaRice Program Management Committee;
- Act as secretary to the AfricaRice research division meetings;
- Raise awareness of risk issues within the AfricaRice research division;
- Supervise a small team of Division staff to ensure quality support to all activities of the
- Research Division
- Undertake any other duties as required by the needs of the Center.
Education: MBA, MBM or equivalent
Work Experience: Work experience within an international donor agency or international research organization.
The ideal candidate must be meticulous and able to solve problems; s/he must be a result oriented individual with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
- This is an internationally recruited position.
- AfricaRice provides an attractive international salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment.
- The initial appointment is for two years with the possibility for renewal.
Candidates should send an application (including a cover letter and a detailed CV with the following information: Name, surname, gender, date of birth, family status, nationality, certificates obtained, professional experience (stating clearly beginning and end dates of each experience: day, month, year), language skills (French/English), and the names and addresses (including telephone / fax / email) of three referees.
To apply for this position, please send your application to:
To: [email protected] with the vacancy reference in subject: IRS/13/RD/2013/06
Or to the following address: Head, Human Resources Unit, AfricaRice, 01 B.P. 2031, Cotonou, Benin Republic.
Deadline: Applications will be considered until Sunday, July 21, 2013.
AfricaRice is an equal opportunity employer.
AfricaRice believes that staff diversity promotes excellence in its operations and particularly welcomes applications from women and developing countries.
AfricaRice thanks all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.