Post: Administrative Officer
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Administrative Officer to be based at AfricaRice, Saint‐Louis. Senegal
AfricaRice is one of the 15 international agricultural research Centers that are members of the CGIAR Consortium. It is also an autonomous intergovernmental association of African member countries.
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for administrative and logistical assignments in close collaboration with the Head of Administration and Finance. S/he will:
- Provide support to the project coordinators in the day to day project management activities by maintaining a database of project contacts and update them as required;
- Assist with the administration and organization of meetings and events connected with the project, including training, seminars, and Steering Committee meetings held outside the office/station; handle the preparation and distribution of relevant documents/minutes;
- Handle requests and follow up on disbursements of grants/funds for project activities and maintain all necessary supporting documentation for accounting and reporting purposes;
- Monitor deadlines and reporting dates to alert country project coordinators;
- Draft terms of references for approved vacant and consultancy positions and liaise with the personnel office in the recruitment process;
- Prepare drafts of correspondences as appropriate for the coordinator’s perusal;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for country coordinators as well as to other members of the project in the implementation of project‐related research activities;
- Provide any specified support to the GSR and STRASA teams as and when necessary;
- Assist with ordering equipment and supplies for laboratories, field work and office use.
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent degree in administration and/or project management.
- At least three years’ experience in administration or project management.
- Experience in organizing, coordinating and administering logistics for events; work experience in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment is an asset.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to handle numerous tasks concurrently; IT skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer; ability to work under minimum supervision and be proactive as well as being a team player; willingness to travel extensively within the sub‐region.
The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
This is a regionally recruited position.
AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment.
The initial appointment is for two years with the possibility for renewal.
Candidates should send an application (including a cover letter and a detailed CV with the following information: Name, surname, gender, date of birth, family status, nationality, certificates obtained, professional experience (stating clearly beginning and end dates of each experience: day, month, year), language skills(French/English), and the names and addresses (including telephone /fax / email) of three referees.
To apply for this position, please send your applications:
To: A.Kpadonou@cgiar.org with the vacancy reference in subject: GSS/33/RD/2013/06
Or to the following address:Head,Human Resources Unit, Africa Rice, 01 B.P. 2031, Cotonou, Benin Republic
Deadline: Applications will be considered until Sunday, July 21st, 2013.
AfricaRice is an equal opportunity employer. AfricaRice believes that staff diversity promotes excellence in its operations and particularly welcomes applications from women and developing countries.