The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) in Cirencester is inviting African students to apply for a fully funded Masters programme starting in September 2017, supported by the African Fellowship Trust.
Applicants are welcomed from all African countries to study for a range of Masters degrees, covering Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security, Food Safety and Quality Management, Agricultural Technology, and Business Management.
The Fellowship is geared towards supporting Fellows who have ideally had between two to five years’ work experience in a relevant sector after completing a relevant degree (and in some countries an MSc) to enable them to qualify to study for a Masters at the RAU. Applicants are also encouraged to apply for other grants, such as Chevening or Commonwealth, as securing one of these grants will increase their chance of success for a Fellowship to cover the rest of their study costs.
The AFT to date have supported over 100 African students to gain Masters degrees. In addition to studying for a Masters, the Fellows have networking opportunities and a work placement either in the UK or Africa to help set themselves up as leaders within their sector back in Africa.
- Fellowships are open to Africans from Sub-Saharan Africa who have experience in agriculture, agri-business, food or natural resource management;
- an interest in land reform; and a desire to make a strategic and sustainable contribution to Africa’s development.
- In short, tomorrow’s innovators and leaders.
- Scholarships cover tuition fees, board and accommodation, flights to and from the UK, provision for networking and a short industrial placement either in Africa or in the UK.
- Scholarships also cover incidental costs whilst in the UK and on placement; however, applicants are advised that funding does not include provision for home and family costs.
- Furthermore, Fellows are expected to return to their own countries following their UK studies to complete their programme and ‘begin to make a difference’.
- M.Sc. Sustainable Agriculture & Food Security
- M.Sc. International Rural Development
- M.Sc. Business Management
- M.Sc. Agricultural Technology and Innovation
- M.Sc. Food Safety and Quality Management
- MBA International Food and Agri business
- MBA Advanced Farm Management
Application Procedure: The application form can be found on this page.
Kindly complete the form and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org