love eating jollof rice, but variety is also good. Macaroni jollof rice is similar in the sense that it is cooked in the same kind of sauce. You can also added a little coconut milk for some kick.
- 1 tbsp curry
- Olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 scotch bonnet
- 2 tbsps stock
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 cups pasta
- 2 stock cubes
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- Blend tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, bell pepper, and onions together.
- In a clean pot, pour in olive oil, slice in extra onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add in thyme and curry and let sauté for a few seconds. Add in stock and coconut milk and leave to boil for about two minutes before pouring in your tomato blend.
- Leave tomato blend to boil until sauce is thick. Season with stock cubes.
- My stock is usually always well-seasoned, so I only added two stock cubes. Add more to taste if needed.
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix till everything is covered. Add in water and cover to cook until al dente. Do not over stir the pasta.