Consequently, the University, hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The candidate must be a distinguished Professor of not less than 7 years in one of the disciplines offered by the University of Agriculture, Makurdi at the time of this advertisement with an unbroken Service of Teaching, Research and Community Service in a Tertiary Institution for a period of at least 15 years.
- The candidate must not be more than 65 years of age by 19th November, 2017;
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, credible community service and proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- The candidate should possess considerable administrative experience within the University system and must show demonstrable ability to attract funds to the University;
- The candidate must be of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decisions on the merit of facts,equity and patriotism and not on the basis of parochial interests or primordial pressures. The candidate should also be free from conflict of interests;
- The candidate must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability transparency, probity and ensure judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good;
- The candidate should be above board and will not foster personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- The candidate should also be capable of inspiring members of the University Community towards the attainment of its goals.
- The candidate must enjoy very good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health condition.
Conditions of Service
- The post of Vice-Chancellor of University of Agriculture, Makurdi,which is for a single 5-year term, has salary and other conditions of service as applicable in all Federal Universities and as maybe determined by the Federal Government of Nigeria from time to time.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their applications with other credential and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Post Applied for
- Full names (surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications and Dates obtained
- Positions held to date
- Membership of Scholarly organizations and Professional bodies;
- Publications and current research interest
- Administrative experience;
- Academic awards, national honours or other distinguished awards received;
- Duly signed letter of consent by candidate applying sequel to interaction with Search Team.
In addition, each application should be accompanied by Certificate of birth or statutory declaration of age and a certificate of medical fitness from Government hospital and as well as a two (2) page vision statement for the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
Applicants should indicate names and addresses of three (3) referees who are in a position to attest to their claims to academic excellence and administrative experience among other desirable attributes.
The applicants should request their referees to forward such confidential reports directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of Agriculture, Makurdi, before the closing date.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, with the envelope sealed and marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor” on the left hand corner to:
University of Agriculture Makurdi,
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview at a date to be communicated to them.
- All applicants must indicate clearly their GSM numbers and must provide current E-mail addresses.