We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Value Chain Expert
- TechnoServe is currently looking for Senior Food Processing Advisers for a potential USAID-funded Agriculture Competitiveness Project in Nigeria.
- The Project is designed to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers.
- The Project comprises three main components: (i) design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations; (ii) administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and (iii) technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve the Mission’s food security objectives.
- The Project will contribute to the Mission’s Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
- The Value Chain Expert will lead and supervise value chain development activities, including but not limited to production, harvest/post-harvest handling, processing and marketing of agricultural commodities.
- S/He will provide technical leadership under the priority value chains in order to enhance private sector investment in the agricultural sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct value chain analysis in order to identify major constraints to improved agricultural competitiveness and develop roadmaps towards achieving this.
- Recommend opportunities for strengthening markets and increasing value-add opportunities to improve local economic development.
- Identify strategic opportunities in specific value chains for formal integration of smallholder farmers and processors to collaborate on sustainable production and processing.
- Provide expertise on value chain dynamics across sectors and sub-sectors.
- Develop relationships and facilitate linkages between value chain actors such as smallholder farmers, input suppliers, private sector actors, financial institutions etc.
- Device an approach that will support value chain competitiveness – support in building technical capacity of value chain actors in responding to changes in market dynamics.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field including Business Management, Economics (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 7 years’ experience in projects relating to value chain development or rural business development
- Excellent technical knowledge of production and harvesting; value addition; marketing and quality standards
- Track record of building and managing strong client and stakeholder relations with the private sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
- Training and experience working in USAID projects is an added advantage
- Fluency in English
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of their Cover letter, CV, to: email@example.com Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please.