For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Value Chain Development Specialist, Agricultural Competitiveness – Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project.
- The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which develops enterprises and links smallholder farmers to the private sector.
- The project will develop value chains for domestic food security while also enhancing export promotion.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium seeks seeks experienced Value Chain Development Specialists to support activities in areas associated with Agriculture Competitiveness and Agribusiness.
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Business Administration, Marketing.
- At least 10 years experience of value chain development preferably with a donor-funded project;
- A Bachelor?s Degree and 15 years of experience in value chain development will also be considered
- Strong knowledge of value-addition, processing, aggregation, quality improvement, market linkages, marketing of agriculture commodities
- Experience working with enterprises and/or cooperatives and producer groups
- Excellent communication, training and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in any of the following key areas: establishing/training agro-dealer networks, linking value chain actors to finance, linking value chain actors to markets, improving crop quality, post-harvest handling, promoting processing, packaging, marketing of staple crops for domestic and export markets.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nigerian nationals strongly encouraged to apply