Catholic Relief Services is the official agency of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops for relief and development assistance overseas.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Agriculture (Band D-2)Department: Agriculture and Economic Growth
Reports to: Head of Unit; Agriculture and
Location: Abuja, NigeriaJob Summary:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) will be responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the Agriculture and Economic Growth unit. The MEO will develop and manages the Projects Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP). The MEO will develop and maintains systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program. She/he will analyze monthly data and support training of partners on M&E in quality assurance methods. The MEO will report to the Head of Unit; Agriculture and Economic Growth and will maintain close liaison with relevant Regional Technical Advisors and the CRS/Nigeria Agriculture Team. The MEO will ensure adherence to CRS technical and program quality standards in implementation and the timely submission of all required deliverables to all donors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum M.Sc. Degree in Agricultural Economics, Statistics or related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of international development experience with light to moderately complex projects.
- Minimum 5 years managing significant USC-funded programs required.
- Knowledge of key USG regulations including, but not limited to USAID 22 CF Part 226 Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations, 22 CFR Part 145 Grants and Agreements with Non-Profits, 0MB Circulars A-122, Cost principles for non-profit organizations and A.133 Audit of states, local governments, and non-profits preferred.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of light to moderately complex projects
- Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality and gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships required. Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of local civil society and government agencies.
- Flexibility to work both ma team and independently.
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
- Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures, and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 7th August, 2013
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should Click here to download the CRS Application Form,after filling the form, send it with a detailed CV as attached MS Word documents to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must explicitly state the position applied for in the CRS application form and in the subject of their email e.g. Driver – Enugu
Only applications sent hi the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.