The University of Agriculture, Makurdi – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Application Closing Date
Job Title: University Librarian
- The position of University Librarian of University of Agriculture Makurdi will become vacant on the 31st of August, 2017. In this regard, and in accordance with the Federal Universities of Agriculture Act. CAP F22 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004 and as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act. 2012, the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of University Librarian.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University Community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be professionally qualified and practicing Librarians certified by Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria;
- Possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, plus a higher Degree in Library Science (preferably Ph.D) with at least 15 (flfteen) years relevant experience, in institutions of higher learning preferably in a University;
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be ICT compliant;
- Not be below the rank of Deputy University Librarian;
- Not be more than (60) years of age or 65 years in the case of a Professor on assumption of duty.
- The Tenure of the University Librarian, as a Principal Officer of the University, is five (5) years.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful applicant will be placed on CONUASS 7 with relevant fringe benefits, as approved for Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) copies each of their applications and CV’s to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Agriculture,
Benue – Nigeria.
Applications should include the following:
- Full names
- Post sought
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home and current contact addresses
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic/professional qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates)
- Previous working experience (giving duration, posts held and salary)
- Details of research work and publications (attach evidence where applicable)
- Extra-curriculum activities
- Names and addresses of 3 persons to supply academic and/or professional reference.
- Referees: Referees are advised to send their reports on candidates under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council.