We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Job Ref Code: GFHIVTS180418
Position Band: D-1
Reports to: State Team Lead/Clinical Coordinator-GF HIV
Department: Health Systems Strengthening Unit
- CRS is a Sub-Recipient to Family Health International (FHI 360) on the Global Fund New Funding Model HIV Program in Nigeria.
- The Program seeks to scale up gender sensitive HIV prevention services among children and adults in Nigeria.
Training and Mentoring:
- Coordinate and mentor the ART, TB-HIV, PMTCT and SRH clinical care teamsat supported facilities and ensure they functionas effective units.
- Carry out technical needs assessment with respect to ART, TB, PMTCT, HCT and SRH at partner health facilities and proffer solutions in line with GF & CRS’s organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide onsite mentorship to partner facility staff in ART, TB/HIV, PMTCT, SRH.
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV/AIDS patient’s standard of care at the partner health facilities through organization of didactic sessions, mortality reviews, case reviews/presentations etc.
- Ensure all SHCs have adequate knowledge materials and job aids that ensure uniformity of practice across all sites.
- Follow up on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality improvement strategies identified by program team, training needs and participation in meetings geared towards meeting overall grant objectives at partner health facilities.
- Direct management of people infected and affected by HIV infection at the partner health facilities.
- Use appropriate tools to document support given during mentoring visits, and ensure that facilities have copies of these.
- Monitor target across PHCs and SHCs, determine and provide feedback to ensure target achievement.
- Actively come up with strategies to ensure donor target achievements are met.
- Collaborate with SHC staff and support groups to ensure all patients on ART are tracked and followed up on.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of all process and output indicators specified by donors.
- Provide direct supervision of the partner SHCs.
- Monthly reporting of all activities carried out at partner health facilities.
- In collaboration with the program and technical staff, develop, implement and periodically update a decentralized GF workplan.
- Ensure all cash advances are liquidated promptly
Partnerships and Networking:
- Liaise with other GF and PEPFAR partners in the stateto ensure coordinated service provision to the CRS-supported sites.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships between CRS’ GF partner facilities, the Catholic Church and its partners, the GoN and other relevant stakeholders.
- Representation at state technical working groups for ART, TB, HCT, PMTCT and SRH, as well as at other meetings and related activities as designated.
CRS/Nigeria Program Responsibilities:
- The Technical Specialist will also participate as a full member of the CRS/Nigeria Program Department.
- This will include active involvement in all program department activities as needed.
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: State Team Lead, Clinical Coordinator, Supply Chain and Lab Officers, M&E Team
- External: SACA, SMoH, PEPFAR IP
- M.B.B.S., with a Masters’ Degree in Public Health or related field is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years’ post-NYSC clinical experience working in HIV/AIDS management with significant program management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project in an HIV/AIDS service delivery setting, including working with government authorities.
- Proven experience working with partner organizations in both the public and private sectors.
- Working knowledge of and experience with GF or USG projects will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
- Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods preferred.
- Excellent English language- oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
2nd May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number GFHIVTS180418. E.g Technical Specialist, Global Fund-HIV Project GFHIVTS180418
Note: Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.