Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational chemical company to recruit a Technical Sales Manager for its Nigerian operations.
He/she is to report to the Head of Sales and Market Development Animal Nutrition Africa and West Asia.
The Technical Sales Manager will have the responsibility of identifying and developing market and customer needs/potential in animal nutrition markets responsible for Sub-Saharan Africa.
The role is responsible for all business aspects of assigned customers, ensuring that all functions of the position are carried out efficiently in accordance with the guidelines and procedures of the Company within the specified timelines.
The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Identifying market and customer needs/potential, monitoring market activities, initiating and implementing profitable and innovative projects to harness the opportunities within Sub- Saharan Africa.
- Reporting on market and business development and updating information systems.
- Contributing to the Regional Industry and Product Strategy through market and product expertise.
- Providing Technical support and related commercial decision to support and conclude sales.
- Introducing new products into the market aimed at enlarging market reach and communication for the Company’s portfolio.
- Visiting R&D Departments of customers and institutes to establish sustainable relationships, initiating and managing fruitful collaborations.
- Conducting sales negotiations.
- Communicating supply shortage/allocation to affected customers.
- Identifying new opportunities for product within the Company portfolio.
Qualifications et experience
- University degree in Agricultural studies preferably livestock, Animal Nutrition or Veterinary Science
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience in Pre-mix plant/feed compounding environment or other animal nutrition markets
- Strong International / Sub-Saharan exposure
- Broad experience in Project Management
- Computer Literacy in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent industry product knowledge
- A very good understanding of customer markets and technology in the industry
- Ability to achieve results under pressure
- Team oriented, meticulous and outgoing personality
- Ability to travel locally and internationally at short notice
- Ability to speak French is an added advantage
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.