We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Nutrition
Job Ref Code: TON11117
Project: Health Programs/SMILE Project
Position Band: C-1
Reports to: Technical Advisor – Nutrition
Duration: 6 months Temporary Hire)
- The Technical officer, Nutrition will be working closely with the Technical Advisor-Nutrition to achieve the strategic objectives and intermediate results of the program – focusing primarily on nutrition, WASH and support cross-cutting nutrition themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming.
- He/she will also work with household economic strengthening team.
- Work closely the Technical Advisor, Nutrition, while supporting the CSOs to plan, conduct step down trainings, learning/documentation, reporting, and M&E of nutrition and other health related activities.
- Support CSOs to ensure that project activities and approaches used are in line with relevant government policies.
- Support CSOs to identify and build relationships with relevant private sector partners, such as producers of nutritional supplements.
- H/she document and disseminate project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within SMILE and to the larger Nigerian and global technical community, as appropriate.
- The Technical OfficerNutrition will assist the Technical Advisor, Nutrition in capacity strengthening of CSOs to provide high quality nutrition services for vulnerable households and populations.
- S/he will assist in the development of assessment tools, analysis of household vulnerability assessment results and articulation of appropriate relevant interventions to address identified gaps.
- S/he will be responsible for writing reports of Nutrition Community of Practice meetings and trainings while providing logistical and programmatic support during such activities.
- The Technical OfficerNutrition will be 100% LOE/commitment on nutrition-related functions.
- The Technical Officer, Nutrition will ensure timely preparation of high quality training and meeting reports.
- Support the Secretariat of Nutrition Community of Practice and convene meetings and follow up with CSOs, working groups or ad hoc committee to complete assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Conduct quarterly review of partners’ progress reports, tease out promising practices and identifynutrition accomplishments of research significance in furtherance of SMILE learningagenda.
- S/he will maintain strong partnership with implementing CSOs, government and private sector players and other relevant stakeholders in manner that reflects professionalism, mutual respect in accordance with CRS value based behavior.
- Perform any other functions that may be assigned by the Technical Advisors from time to time.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Chief of Party; Technical Director; Program Technical Director; Organizational Development Director; M&E Managers, Senior Program Managers, Senior Technical Advisor, Technical advisors for Nutrition and HES.
- External: SMILE Consortium team members;SMILE HES and Nutrition Community of Practice; Local Government Areas, Federal and state Ministry of Women Affairs; Federal and state Ministry of Health, Ministry of Agriculture particularly the ADPs; private sector players; and other stakeholders.
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline, certificate in agricultural economics, food science, public health or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in OVC programing and working at community level work with some program management responsibilities.
- Technical skills and experience in nutrition activities and interventions.
- Demonstrated knowledge about nutrition concepts such as IYCF, CMAM, WASH etc.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training in key areas including IYCF, CMAM, Nutrition basics WASH etc.
- Experience working with nutrition and food security assessment tools such as Nigeria Progress out of Poverty Tool, Household Hunger Scale
- Demonstrated experience in the use of nutrition assessment tools like MUAC, Body mass index (BMI)
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team of professionals
- Demonstrated experience in Nigeria VC response, VC programming principles and integrated programming approaches
- Experience working with an international NGO will be an advantage
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The “Job Title, Reference Code for the position and the State being applied for” should be stated as the subject of the email.