We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Director – Social Services
- The Technical Director Social Services will be responsible for maintaining state-of-the-art technical social services programming across the project.
- S/he will lead the planning and delivery of training, accompaniment and technical support to consortium members and implementing partners on key OVC social service domains, and will monitor and ensure the technical soundness of project interventions as well as their alignment with national policy and global best practice.
- The Technical Director is responsible for ensuring that quality improvement initiatives are in place to strengthen case management and referrals across the project, and ensure strong linkages between facility- and community- level service delivery points.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Master’s in Public Health, Social Work, Education, Child Development, or related field;
- At least eight years of experience designing, implementing and managing OVC projects in a development context.
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art experience at a mid- or senior level in at least three of the following areas: child protection, household economic strengthening, social protection, education, health and nutrition including care and support for CLHIV and ALHIV; quality improvement; social services systems strengthening, OVC policy and advocacy;
- Extensive knowledge of policy, practice and structures within the social welfare and health sectors in Nigeria;
- Deep familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID project management and reporting processes, indicators and guidelines;
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating and supervising a team working with state and local community organizations, families and communities;
- Demonstrated ability to engage and represent OVC priorities and issues effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels;
- A track record of overseeing the design and implementation of operational research;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English; and
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)