We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Director – HIV Services
- The Technical Director, HIV Services will have oversight of components of the project that interface with clinical service provision to contribute directly towards the achievement of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 target.
- S/he will ensure technical quality of HIV prevention and screening interventions and ensure a smooth clinic-community continuum of services for children and adolescents living with HIV.
- S/he will work closely with other members of the technical team to ensure smooth integration of HIV services with cross-cutting areas of OVC programming, including household economic strengthening, nutrition, parenting, child protection, and access to education, in line with PEPFAR guidelines and global standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A primary degree in Medicine, Nursing or equivalent, with a relevant Master’s level qualification;
- At least seven years of experience working on health projects in a development context, with at least three years implementing or managing HIV-focused clinical and/or community-based services;
- Technical expertise and experience with clinical programming domain guidelines around HIV testing and counseling, PMTCT, HIV-exposed infants, and CLHIV care and support;
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and programs serving vulnerable adolescent girls and young women at high risk of HIV acquisition;
- Hands-on experience with PEPFAR project management processes and application of PEPFAR technical and administrative guidelines;
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s institutional, policy and programming context for HIV clinical and community services, including knowledge of the social welfare and health sectors in Nigeria;
- Demonstrated ability to engage government and represent OVC priorities and issues as they relate to children and adolescent living with or at high risk of HIV;
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to build and motivate a team working with state and local government, community organizations, communities and families;
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English; and
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)