Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty. Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader
Contract Term: 2 year contract in a field intensive role
Start Date: January 2018
Nuru is focused on ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas and knows that a unique solution is needed for highly fragile states:
“Fragile states are lagging behind in achieving the Millennium Development Goals. Without urgent action they will be home to more than half of the world’s poor after 2018. Declining foreign aid and other external resources are not enough to drive development and stability in these countries.” – OECD, Fragile States 2014 Domestic Revenue Mobilisation in Fragile States
Thus Nuru’s next project site will launch in 2017 in a fragile region in Nigeria. Our goal is to take a “boots on the ground” approach and hire a highly skilled team to launch this project with an established exit strategy in mind. Nuru’s model depends on the organization’s ability to identify, train and collaborate with highly capable local leaders to develop and implement sustainable poverty solutions.
The initial Nuru Nigeria project will be located in a semi-permissive environment with a fluid security situation. For this reason, the first Field Team will consist of several members with prior military service, ideally from a Special Operations Forces background with combat experience. All team members will be expected to use sound judgement to make critical decisions in complex and uncertain conditions. Candidates must be able to effectively navigate the spectrum of tactical, operational, and strategic environments.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Expertise in designing and implementing M&E surveys and tools in austere environments
- BA in relative field; MA preferred
- Military combat experience highly preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in relatable field outside of military experience preferred
- Nonprofit work experience living and working internationally in a rural environment preferred
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional strategic problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Complex scenario planning and project management
- Ability to do crisis management and rapid, innovative problem solving in uncertain environments
- Ability to build deep relationships with a variety of different partners and stakeholders
- Highest level of responsibility, discipline, and personal integrity
- Ability to operate effectively in unfamiliar and dangerous situations
- Passion for Nuru International’s mission
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens,scroll down to “International Operations – Nigeria” then click on “View Details”