We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Assistant
- This person’s mission is to create a working environment that promotes and maximizes Tomato Jos employee efficiency by assisting with the general store’s function, receiving and issuing goods, maintaining the outside yard and store in a clean and tidy condition.
- Tomato Jos is an African agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Tomato Jos not only produces the best quality tomato products but we also leave a foot print in the lives of those we encounter every day. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work.
- This position requires an extremely organized person with excellent interpersonal skills looking to advance themselves through stock keeping agriculture opportunities. This person will work closely with the farm staff providing accountability support of all possessions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Issuing and receiving stock to and from Direct Labour and Contractors/inventory clerk.
- Checking and unloading deliveries safely in the correct areas.
- Putting stock away in accordance with the Company’s Quality procedures (stock rotation): Labeling and arranging of new stock.
- Receiving fuel deliveries in a safe and controlled manner
- Performing ‘cyclic counts’ and routine stock checks fuel dips as required.
- Assisting with the organisation of the main store and off-site locations or from time to time temporary stores facilities within the company area.
- Inputs onto the stores computer of items taken out of store and returned/not returned.
- Monitoring the usage of items outside the store and what is missing or damaged by whom.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment by developing and publishing evacuation routes; determining and documenting locations of potentially dangerous materials and chemicals.
- A shared responsibility as part of the stores team to respond to emergency assistance for the issuing of fittings out of hours.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Educated to SSCE Grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics Knowledge required.
- HND or Degree in any of Statistics, Accounting, Mathematics and Management.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Basic knowledge of water and pipe fittings Experience required
- Ability to work under pressure safely and efficiently.
- Ability to display Patience and tolerance whilst ensuring materials are issued within company procedure.
- Attention to details to know when properties checked out have been misused
- Competent to know and report cases of theft and lost items.
- Trustworthy and honest
- General experience within a Stores/Warehouse environment
- Experience within the Utility Sector Skills and competencies required
- HSE Certification
- The position is Based within the farm Store, work will vary to manual handling both inside and outside in all weather conditions. Overtime may be required from time to time to issue fittings from the stores out of hours for emergency/unplanned works .
- Farming operations are located in Igabi Local Government of Kaduna State. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area.
Monthly salary (Depends on experience) and Basic communication allowance.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com