Welcome2Africa International develops and initiate a range of activities to catalyze and facilitate investment, trade and business/commercial interest into and across Africa – All with a current focus and commitment to the development and transformation of Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
- Welcome2Africa International is currently in search of a senior Program Officer to lead Agrique Africa Investment Summit – Value Chain Financing Edition.
- Welcome2Africa International produces highly targeted niche investment summits geared Agribusiness in Africa. Following on previous editions of our ‘Agrique Africa Investment Summits’, the Senior Program Officer, will be responsible for The Agrique Africa Investment Summit – Value Chain Financing Edition.
- The agricultural value chain concept has been used since the beginning of the millennium, primarily by those working in agricultural development in developing countries. Although there is no universally accepted definition of the term, it normally refers to the whole range of goods and services necessary for an agricultural product to move from the farm to the final customer or consumer.
- The Senior Program Officer will take primary responsibility for delivering commercially successful, well attended and respected summit that explores Agricultural Value Chain financing in Africa, overseeing all aspects of the summit with particular responsibility for sourcing and securing speakers.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to engage with global stakeholders of Africa’s Agribusiness sector, and great for anyone interested in increasing their experience in business development, consultancy or client relations and work in development of Africa.
- You will be expected to be able to priorities your workload effectively and work to tight deadlines.
To create a comprehensive topic briefing document/concept note for the summit which among other things will outline:
- An overview of the topic (Agricultural Value Chain financing in Africa) and its validity as a stand alone event
- An account of the likelihood that the event will encourage the participation of paying delegates.
- The highlights of the current issues faced with Agricultural Value Chain financing in Africa, key issues which will be addressed by the event
- Creation of Program, Delivery of Program – Sourcing, securing and managing speakers related to Agricultural Value Chain financing in Africa,
- To identify and invite speakers maintaining communication throughout the conference production cycle
- To communicate by phone and email with key industry figures to determine the validity of proposed topic, sub-themes, timing and locations
- Collating of content for Website and the summit itself
- Securing of key partners and sponsors
- To research all possible events covering the proposed topic to analyze potential conflicts in dates or overexposure
- To write the conference program and to attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to the successful conducting of the event.
- To highlight possible sponsors and support the marketing of sponsorship opportunities for events and supervising the work of sales and marketing staff
- To plan for a post-conference internal and external reports
- Assist in any logistics planning, pre-event logistics management, as well as onsite and post-event logistics.
- Where necessary assist in budgeting, financial and cash management for the events.
- Undertaking such other duties as directed by the CEO and/or COO
- Onsite Attendance – Attending events to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. Often this will include opening your conference. This is an opportunity to represent the company and to network with key players and speakers within the sector.
- Solid event planning background
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT systems is essential.
- Excellent numerical and communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organized and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
There will be a trial period of 3 months, of which selected candidate will be paid N50,000 per month there after the pay will be reviewed.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send a cover letter along with their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: You will not be considered if you do not provide a cover letter.