We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior M&E Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
- DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Program (The Learning Program).
- The Program provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
- DevTech is seeking a highly qualified senior M&E specialist with project management experience to manage these efforts.
- The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) specialist provides technical support to USAID and its implementing partners (IP).
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Party (COP) and technical director, the specialist will work with the Learning Program Contracting Officer’s
- Representative (COR) and other USAID technical staff to develop methods and systems required to meet the deliverables required for M&E tasks.
- S/he will be responsible for reviewing evaluation scopes of work, managing evaluations, analyzing and interpreting the results of surveys and gathering and analyses for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data gathering efforts.
- The specialist will also provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results, and capacity-building related to the Mission’s goal of furthering collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) internally and with its partners.
- Expertise with USAID policy and practices for performance monitoring including Mission level performance management plans (PMP), activity-level M&E planning, and indicator development.
- Expertise in data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Expertise in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations of development interventions, including experimental and quasi-experimental methods.
- Excellent team work, inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills.
- Expertise in tailoring blended learning and presentations to a variety of audiences, including USAID, implementing partners, and government stakeholders.
- Ability to ensure the timely delivery of quality reports and other deliverables related to M&Eand performance management.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in M&E
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in international development in at least one of the following sectors: (1) democracy and governance; (2) health, including reproductive health, tuberculosis, malaria, and nutrition; (3) economic growth, agriculture, and environment; and (4) education.
- Minimum of 5 years in project management, preferably with USAID
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, Political Science, Public Policy, or another relevant technical subject.
- Professional fluency in English, written and spoken.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
- Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.