Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the academic position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Location: Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt
Department: Home Science and Management
Candidates for the position listed must satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 5 years teaching experience.
- Must have a PhD in the relevant areas to be qualified for appointment.
- Outstanding teaching ability and effectiveness as a University Lecturer.
- Satisfactory contribution to institutional growth and development.
- Appreciable research and publication record.
- Evidence of involvement in professional and relevant activities of the institution and outside community.
- Ability to conduct research with at least five Journal papers in the candidates discipline cited on Google Scholar.
- In the Basic Medical Sciences, candidates must have a PhD or its equiatent such as MD degree of Nigerian or British Universities. In the Clinical Sciences, candidates must have a Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons/Physicians (FWACS/FWACP) or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) or their equivalents.
Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates will be required to assume duty as soon as possible and will be on probation for the first two (2) years.
- Thereafter, they will retire at the approved age of 65 years and 70 years for those on the Professorial cadre.
- Candidates could be allowed to transfer their services to the Rivers State University.
- Other conditions are similar to those obtaining in other institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
CONUASS5 (N4,583,690.88 per annum).
14th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their application with detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their certificates with other relevant documents. Their Curricula Vitae should indicate:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Post Address
- Cell (Phone) Number and email address
- Marital Status
- Number/Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended
- Employment Records
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Rivers State University,
- The sealed envelope containing the application should indicate at the top left hand corner the position sought.
- All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who would also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the same address.
- Such references should equally be received not later than the closing date stated above.