Babban Gona is an award winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers we serve. Babban Gona, was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
We accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit. Babban Gona has been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging our comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation.
We developed the model with our partners that include His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II, the Sarkin (Emir) Kano, Nestle, IITA, DfID, USAID, GIZ, AGRA, BMGF, Skoll, Kiva, FMCB, Mulago, GIF and Rockefeller Foundation amongst others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rural Retail Distribution Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Manage Babban Gona’s retail distribution channels
- Lead retail distribution initiatives to ensure continuous improvement in operational efficiency and effectiveness to allow an annual 30% increase in sales.
- Ensure merchandise is scheduled, received, unloaded, and checked as appropriate.
- Initiate and support strategies to reduce slow moving inventory, per organizational objective.
- Drive retail and supply chain management resources to allow company to maximize market share.
- Coach, develop and train retail supervisors on principles and methods to establish a safe distribution channel and working environment.
- Develop practical solutions to problems without sacrificing quality.
- Meet department’s daily, weekly and monthly goals of the distribution center.
- Achieve high performance standards while coaching, training, and developing employees on best practices of our business.
- Analyze opportunities for growth, cutting costs, reducing damages and improving efficiencies.
- Continually improve productivity targets and process improvements
- Implement standard policies/procedures to eliminate waste and improve productivity.
- Develop and manage project scope, project schedules, resource plans, and budget requirements.
- Complete status reports and communicate key issues to senior management.
- Assist in the training, monitoring, and recognition of employees’ compliance with safety policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage any other distribution projects.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Provide regular updates to the head of the business unit on the progress.
- This position reports to the Head, Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related field.
- Experience in retail distribution management
- Minimum of 4 years distribution management experience, preferably in a seed company or other agricultural company that works with a retail distribution to produce cereal seeds/grains.
- Experience in a fast paced medium to large sized distribution center environment.
- Solid knowledge of distribution operations, practices and procedures including merchandise flow.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Leadership ability to guide and drive results from a team.
- Passion for supply chain management and constant process improvement
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to directly work with farmers and field agents to achieve optimal outcome.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, and a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to resolve complex issues; work independently – receiving minimal guidance;
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online