We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician III
Recruitment Type: National (3 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout regeneration and rescue of seed lots on the field and screen house to improve the quality of research
- Coordinate Planting, spraying of herbicides and insecticides;
- Collect and enter research data using appropriate research tools
- Coordinate labor recruitment, time keeping and supervise casual worker during field activities;
- Carry out characterization and evaluation of seeds crop;
- Participate in planting operation in the outstation seed regeneration activities;
- Coordinate casual Coordinate casual labor and consultants to carry out regeneration and characterization activities on the field and screen house;
- Organize day to day activities on regeneration and virus indexing of seeds crops.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Crop production, General Agriculture or related field
- At least Six (6) years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate and have good sense of cleanliness.
- Have good research activity knowledge
- Have good safety precaution techniques.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application below attaching their cover letters with detailed curriculum vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft Word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)