We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Program Officer
- The Regional Program Officer, Public Private Partnership & Market Access is mandated to establish a relevant, efficient and effective level to promote public-private partnerships & market access, in support of extension delivery and smallholder agricultural development system to drive SAA/SG 2000 evidence-based program.
- SASG 2000 is looking for a competent local staff to fill this position.
- M.Sc in Agricultural Economics or related fields with strong background in improving markets and linking farmers to markets skill, (P.hD would be an advantage)
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of relevant experience with governmental or non-governmental organizations in relation to building business around a value chain model of smallholder development and helping farmers to organize themselves.
- A strong desire to assist African Countries with the provision of agricultural extension services, especially to women farmers and very poor rural households as well as incapacitating farmer based organizations (FBOs) to become good business entities in their communities and beyond.
- Experience in agricultural marketing and trade, business development and financial services for the agriculture sector, storage and warehouse receipt systems.
- Experience in working with smallholder farmers to increase their technical and management skills and create sustainable market linkages.
- Strong PPP interpersonal skills and communication and ability tà write technical reports
- Excellent written and oral English skills required
- Competence in Computer applications
- As per the organization scale
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: Shushan@saa-safe.org
Note: Qualified women are encouraged to apply.