VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 057/2018
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position Title: – Quality Operations – Grain Grader
Duty Station: –Nekemete
Availability: – As soon as Possible
Job Purpose:–Conduct inspection, analysis, grading and certify incoming commodities as per ECX quality standards.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and registers incoming samples and duplicates given codes based on information obtained from the data assistant/coder;
- Measures the moistures content of the sample, and accept or disallow as per the standard set for each commodities;
- Properly mixes the sample before dividing and proceed to inspection;
- Divides the sample in to working, reference and client distribution samples;
- Performs inspection, analysis and sets grade to the sample as per the ECX grading procedures;
- Prepares accurate grading sheet in three copies and distributes to the appropriate section;
- Properly places the reference samples and maintains the samples for 20 working days, and gives the client sample with the grade certificate issued;
- Properly bulks the left over sample in accordance to the standard set for bulking, documents and transfers to the WH as per commodity delivery form;
- Ensures proper handling and placement of lab materials and equipment;
- Makes periodic inspection of commodities stored in the WH to give advice or recommendation in order to insure the quality of stored commodities;
- Responsible and accountable for all grades that come out of his/her laboratory;
- In case of suspicion on samples, requests re-sampling before the quality assessment is carried out and informs the immediate supervisor;
- Recommends improvement actions for poor quality;
- Always maintains the neatness of laboratory and equipment;
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- BSc Degree in Plant science/Crop science/Food science or related fields with 3 years and above experience in quality control/inspection/post-harvest processing of agricultural commodities or related field.
- Knowledge on grain and oil seed & pulse inspection/quality control;
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before July 24, 2018.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.