Job Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling as well as implementation of program activities and resources of the Field Office.
Agri Service Ethiopia (ASE) is seeking highly experienced and skilled Project Coordinator for the Pastoralist Livelihood Recovery Project of Dasenech Woreda to contribute to the livelihood recovery and resilient building of the Dasench woreda pastoralist communities. The Project Coordinator will provide strategic leadership, project management and technical expertise in leading & implementing the activities of the overall project.
Description of Major roles and responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs, co-ordinates, supervises and controls the operations of the Field office.
- Coordinates and monitors the implementation of program activities and facilitate monitoring and evaluations.
- Creates and demonstrates participatory & transparent decision making processes, women empowerment, team spirit, motivation and dedication among staff members working in the project.
- Ensures that periodic technical and financial reports are prepared and timely submitted to ASE’s Head office and government counterpart offices at wereda, zonal and regional level.
- The Project Coordinator Leads the pastoralists Livelihood recovery project Activities team of the project in Dasenech Woreda of South Omo Zone.
- Strive for strengthening social networks, community institutions; empowered women, improved animal health and WASH.
- Take part in leading in project targeted systems, improved beneficiaries health for the supply of clean and potable water
- Ensure Effective collaboration with relevant institutions leverages or replicates impact being achieved by the Livelihoods recovery for Resilience Activities.
- Ensure the targeted peoples of recovery support initiatives to rehabilitate the poorest of the poor HHs.
Education: MA/MSc or BA/BSc in Animal Science, Veterinary Science, Agriculture, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development or related field
Experience: Minimum of 12 Years BSc or 10 Years MSc in related positions;
- NGO experience in related project leadership positions
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and training capabilities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to identify, analyze and solve problems. Work in a team environment.
- Have basic computer skills, excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Committed to work with rural poor and willing to work under pressure
- Strong skills in planning and organization, partnership and collaboration.
- Experience in working challenging environments with strong emphasis on poor and vulnerable communities
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to mail their Cover letter and CV through ethiojobs.net, or submit in person at Head office located in DebreZeit road, Behind Global Hotel or send your applications to;
Human Resource and Property Management Office,
Agri Service Ethiopia, P.O.Box 2460
Phone call is not acceptable.
Women are encouraged to apply; only short listed candidates shall be contacted
Aug 24, 2018