We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator (GIZ YEE Project)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Reports to: Directly to Livelihood and Cash Specialist
- We are seeking to implement an early recovery and livelihood project – Youth Economic Empowerment Project for Resilience and Peace building in the context of north-eastern Nigeria (YEE4RP).
- This is a project with a duration of 27 months and is supported by GIZ with Funding from the German Government.
- The purpose of this role is to co- ordinate and manage the overall project and partnership activities in both Maiduguri and Mubi Field Office areas .
- Plan Internationa / Nigeria’s Emergency response programmes in the Northeast of Nigeria in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines.
- 27 Months and renewable at 12 months based on availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
Dimensions of Role
- Communicates with the sectoral specialists, across Plan International, GIZ State Advisory Committee (SAC), Strategic Technical Steering Committee (STSC), cooperating partner agencies/INGOs and field based implementing partners.
- The post holder will take initiative for project management, coordination and implementation; project monitoring and learning with strong coordination with GIZ and relevant humanitarian programme clusters and working groups.
- This role demand dynamic person who is proactive to invent innovation and high quality work for building capacity, formulate advocacy in delivering youth economic empowerment project with linkages to peace building and social protection work in Borno and Adamawa State.
- The post holder will interface and support project team members and to deliver on project activity rapidly and systematically.
- The role requires strong leadership, facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Programme development and Quality Management
In collaboration with the Field Team, the ERM and sector Specialist (Livelihood and Cash), the Project Manager will:
- Support the development and implementation of project implementation and work plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, service delivery and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the development and deployment of activity flow chart for project delivery that will ensure regular reporting.
- Support to ensure that specific components of the project are successfully implemented.
- Provide narrative and budget report for project delivery by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at project coordination and management level to ensure project goal and corresponding objectives and targets are achieved.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support project team to coordinate and manage project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Utilize the assessment and survey reports to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances, and represent Plan in sectoral activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate capacity-building activities with project staff and GIZ including members of SAC and STSC, cooperating partner agencies/INGOs and field based implementing partners.
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the recruitment of field team and ongoing induction, capacity development/ training of field level and community based staff to ensure a high level of expertise in line with organisational requirements
Learning and knowledge management:
- Shares information within project team, Plan International and with GIZ including members of SAC and STSC, cooperating partner agencies/INGOs and field based implementing partners on Achievements, innovations, lessons learnt and challenges in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the programme team about implementation approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing with GIZ including members of SAC and STSC, cooperating partner agencies/INGOs and field based implementing partners in the northeast and supports such processes between regions
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts of proposal writing and related engagement.
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the sector specialists or ERM for consideration.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high,medium, low) of the contact
- Prepare and submit relevant information for programme reports and proposals for Plan International domestic and international consumption as directed by his/hersupervisor.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Provide advice and support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilisation.
- Work with other members of the programme the units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in the field of Agriculture, Project Management and Education – Preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years post NYSC working experience with a development or humanitarian NGOs or a multi-lateral Government project – Preferred;
- Experience in general program management of a field-based development or humanitarian project – Required;
- Knowledge in designing and rolling out of youth economic empowerment and cash assistance programs including assessments – Required;
- Experience representing and presenting a new project to a diverse range of local and
- international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international
- organizations, and the public – Advantage;
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills (MS word and Excel) – Required;
- Proficiency and working knowledge of written and spoken English and Hausa including at least 1 local language in area of operations – Required;
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work responsibilities effectively – Essential;
- Committed to being a team player and able to demonstrate constructive, cooperative and problem-solving skills – Preferred;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to community based participatory criteria – Preferred;
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, learning and report writing – essential
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills – preferred
- Understanding of broader issues related to community participation, household nutrition, conflict analysis, safety, gender mainstreaming, and environment – Essential;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.