We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Catfish Pilot Programme
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Line Manager: VSL and Market Systems Coordinator
Type / Level: One (1) Year Fixed Term / D2
Oxfam Purpose: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
- Oxfam Novib is participating in a new rural development initiative, setting up a pilot project for catfish farming with trainings on good practices and help of a “feed calculator” for making optimal feed mixtures to raise incomes within the Catfish Farmer groups.
- This pilot will be implemented in close collaboration with a local Nigerian partner that is based in Ibadan.
- The purpose of this role is to support the project with setting up the pilot, monitoring progress, report, document and analyze outcomes.
- Support the formation of new farmers groups for the Pilot as well drive the organisation and coordination of existing ones to push different components of the project
- Drive the selection process of participants (female and male catfish farmers) that will participate in the pilot as well as building up a good and robust working relationship with the selected participants.
- Help the local NGO partners to set up the pilot and parameters in close collaboration with Oxfam Novib and the Social Enterprise Single Spark.
- Collect baseline information and convert the raw data into spreadsheets with control of quality and integrity of data as well as setting up effective storage (archiving and retrieval system) of all information and data.
- Tracking and Monitoring of data from participants during the pilot period.
- Regular reporting of progress made and difficulties encountered
- Organise training sessions for participating farmers groups and assist the trainer/consultant in explaining and demonstrate the new practices and knowledge.
- Organise exchange visits with farmer groups to facilitate the adoption of new practices in line with the objectives of the Pilot program
- Accompany and support farmers in applying the new practices learned correctly
- Responsible for documenting the learning results and create platforms for sharing these outcomes within the farmers Group and other stake holders while ensuring free flow of information and learning
- Help to analyse the outcomes under supervision of the project lead ON and Single Spark.
- Contribute to ensuring adequate linkage between this pilot Project and the Oxfam Country Strategy for Nigeria
- Liaise with relevant government agencies and private companies based in Nigeria that work with fish farmers for services, inputs (e.g acquiring juveniles), feed ingredients, marketing arrangements and possible credit mechanisms to facilitate access to market as well as raise productivity, profitability and income levels.
- Ensure monitoring of implementation of agreed activities and reporting with the partners.
- The role holder will consolidate and supply relevant financial and narrative M&E reports and information to the Project Leader Oxfam Novib and Line Manager (VSL and Market Systems Coordinator) Oxfam in Nigeria for reporting and update on appropriate project administration software applications (SAP).
Education, Experience & Competence
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or any related discipline
- Minimum of 3-4 Years’ experience within Fish and Fishery value chain
- Experience and dedication to gender justice in relation to economic development and agricultural value chains.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Good computing skills especially with the use of spread sheets and other applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and working experience with participatory approaches and methodologies would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with partners and other stakeholders in a Project environment is a plus.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the position title “Program Officer, CPP” ONLY as the subject of your email.
- Applications not sent in the required format may not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Equal Opportunity: “Oxfam is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.”