We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Production Manager takes charge of the planning, coordination, and implementation of Saro consumer business manufacturing processes.
- He ensures that products are produced with the right level of efficiency, cost, quantity, & quality.
- Also responsible for the maintenance the Production assets and processes, as well as their continuous improvement textract more value.
- The responsibility will include all production assets under the company’s Strategic Business Units.
- He/ She will ensure the adequacy of competence and motivation within team.
- Also will be a strategic partner in the development of technologies for expansion and acquisition of productive capabilities, as well as the development, production and commercialization of New Products.
Coordination & Implementation:
- Lead total production processes.
- Ensure materials & production efficiency / cost effectiveness in line with approved budget
- Meet yearly, monthly, & weekly products’ volume budgets.
- Monitor & track all production performance Indices, including yield, per quantity (ton) Production, Labour & Energy costs.
Line Optimization & Facilities Maintenance:
- Drive line optimization tdeliver on ideal output, and continuous improvement
- Supervise Factory Engineers tminimize down time within approved limit
- Organize for weekly and periodic Machine Maintenance and Repairs
- Implement SOPs, and develop revisions that will ensure lines and equipment Optimum performance & Longevity.
New Production Capabilities & Expansion Projects:
- Liaise and provide inputs for Equipment planning and development, of expansion or new capacities, providing specific business requirement tinform optimum technology/tooling goals.
- Provide reviews and technical evaluation of conceived and in-development machinery, and facilities towards stated goals.
- Carry out desk research, harness contacts in industry for inputs and advisory reports on technical options and methodologies, as will be requested.
New Products Development:
- Work with Research and Development in championing new products production & bringing tmarket, based on agreed timelines and budget
- Propose new products’ processes, technologies, or applications based on findings, or research projects.
- Provides regular verbal & written feedback tall associates working directly with him in the achievement of the above deliverables with a clear objective of ensuring 100% strategy execution. Furthermore, she conducts Quarterly and Yearly appraisals of all Associates reporting ther directly using a robust and clear Balanced Scorecard linked with the Strategy of the and Company.
- Establish people developmental needs and provide informal & structured training opportunities for personal development and competence building.
- Maintain a suitably motivated, driven & compliant team aligned with the vision and goals of the business, developing and employing incentives and sanctions.
- Maintain incident free record on company assets -Materials, Products, Equipment, Computer, Cash, etc.
- Lead production planning processes, providing both strategic and operational master, and periodic plans, from business aligned goals, tresource requirements, and controls.
- Produce yearly / monthly / weekly production budgets – CapEx and operational
- Work with Supply Chain tEnsure Timeliness & Adequacy of stocks & raw materials sourcing, that will guarantee above
- Ensure timely planning & organization of production schedules.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain in the selection, ordering & sourcing of production materials and inputs.
- Lead production improvement process that will lead tbetter optimization, safety of personnel, cost savings and higher yield
- Train team members on good manufacturing practices bi-monthly.
- Lead bi-annual general review of standard operating procedures with a view tupdate them in line with new trend in good manufacturing practices.
- Continuously seek ways and means of cutting down wastages, & operational / materials inefficiencies.
- University degree in any of the Pure Sciences, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, or other related discipline.
- MSC in Chemistry or related is an added advantage
- Membership of Professional body is an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 Years’ experience in Production Management/ Activities
- Proven and strong Production Experience
- Age: 30 – 38 Years
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online