We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Production Manager takes charge of the planning, coordination, and implementation of Saro consumer business manufacturing processes.
- The responsibility will include all Manufacturing and production assets under the company’s Strategic Business Units.
- He/ She will ensure the adequacy of competence and motivation within team.
- Also will be a strategic partner in the development of technologies for expansion and acquisition of productive capabilities, as well as the development, production and commercialization of New Products.
- He ensures that products are produced with the right level of efficiency, cost, quantity, & quality.
- Also responsible for the maintenance the Production assets and processes, as well as their continuous improvement to extract more value.
Coordination & Implementation:
- Lead total production processes.
- Meet yearly, monthly, & weekly products’ volume budgets.
- Monitor & track all production performance Indices, including yield, per quantity (ton) Production, Labour & Energy costs.
- Ensure materials & production efficiency / cost effectiveness in line with approved budget
- Line Optimization & Facilities Maintenance:
- Drive line optimization to deliver on ideal output, and continuous improvement
- Supervise Factory Engineers to minimize down time within approved limit
- Organize for weekly and periodic Machine Maintenance and Repairs
- Implement SOPs, and develop revisions that will ensure lines and equipment Optimum performance & Longevity.
New Production Capabilities & Expansion Projects:
- Liaise and provide inputs for Equipment planning and development, of expansion or new capacities, providing specific business requirement from optimum technology/tooling goals.
- Provide reviews and technical evaluation of conceived and in-development machinery, and facilities towards stated goals.
- Carry out desk research, harness contacts in industry for inputs and advisory reports on technical options and methodologies, as will be requested.
New Products Development:
- Work with Research and Development in championing new products production & bringing market, based on agreed timelines and budget
- Propose new products’ processes, technologies, or applications based on findings, or research projects.
- Provides regular verbal & written feedback tall associates working directly with him in the achievement of the above deliverables with a clear objective of ensuring 100% strategy execution. Furthermore, she conducts Quarterly and Yearly appraisals of all Associates reporting them directly using a robust and clear Balanced Scorecard linked with the Strategy of the and Company.
- Establish people developmental needs and provide informal & structured training opportunities for personal development and competence building.
- Maintain a suitably motivated, driven & compliant team aligned with the vision and goals of the business, developing and employing incentives and sanctions.
- Maintain incident free record on company assets -Materials, Products, Equipment, Computer, Cash, etc.
- Lead production planning processes, providing both strategic and operational master, and periodic plans, from business aligned goals, to resource requirements, and controls.
- Produce yearly / monthly / weekly production budgets – Capex and operational
- Work with Supply Chain to Ensure Timeliness & Adequacy of stocks & raw materials sourcing, that will guarantee above
- Ensure timely planning & organization of production schedules.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain in the selection, ordering & sourcing of production materials and inputs.
- Lead production improvement process that will lead to better optimization, safety of personnel, cost savings and higher yield
- Lead bi-annual general review of standard operating procedures with a view to update them in line with new trend in good manufacturing practices.
- Continuously seek ways and means of cutting down wastages, & operational / materials inefficiencies.
- Train team members on good manufacturing practices bi-monthly.
- Second Class Degree Upper (2.1) in University degree in any of the Pure Sciences, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 Years’ experience in Production Management/ Manufacturing Activities
- Proven and strong Production & Manufacturing Experience in FMCG Company
- Age: 30 – 38 Years
- MSC in Chemistry or related is an added advantage
- Membership of Professional body is an added advantage
- Candidates who do not currently work in an FMCG companies and meet the primary experience requirements, need not apply.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online