We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
The tasks of the procurement specialist will include:
- Reporting to the TAAT Program Manager, the Procurement Specialist will ensure the effective and efficient conduct of all value chain procurement activities within the Program, in full compliance with the requirements and procedures of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Fiduciary and Procurement Policy Frame work.
- Lead, guide and manage an innovative and effective value chain team of procurement officers in establishing procurement procedures for the project in accordance and consistent with AfDB Procurement Policy Framework (October 2015 edition and as amended from time to time).
- Prepare a Procurement Plan for the Program, in close collaboration and consultations with other members of TAAT value chains in participating institutions and countries.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the procurement of all planned procurements under the TAAT programme, demonstrating high level of confidentiality and integrity devoid of any form of conflict of interest at all levels of the procurement and contracting stages.
- Undertake the preparation and updating of annual procurement plans to be included in the Program Quarterly and Annual Work Plans and Budgets.
- Ensure timely procurement of relevant items (goods, works and services) as identified in the TAAT Program Framework Document and approved Procurement Plan and in accordance with AfDB requirements.
- Assist Procurement officers prepare Standard bidding documents and coordinate the preparation of relevant inputs to standard bidding documents, such as TORs, specifications and Bills of Quantities.
- Supervise bidding/tendering processes for the procurement of works, goods and services following AfDB procurement Rules and Procedures.
- Lead the evaluation committee and arrange for bid opening and service contract and negotiation meetings, including recording of proceedings in accordance with AfDB and Institutional requirements.
- Supervise the preparation of draft procurement notices in liaison with Institutions and coordinate the evaluation of bids and consultants’ proposals including preparation of bid evaluation reports, recommendations for award and draft contract documents in accordance with AfDB requirements.
- Participate in project management meetings and AfDB supervision missions, including the preparation of all information required for the meetings and missions; in particular the procurement records for facilitating post-procurement reviews.
- Ensure that value chain Procurement Officers keep and maintain up-to-date procurement records, certifying that bidding tender evaluation processes are documented in accordance with AfDB requirements.
- Mentor as appropriate procurement officers in the TAAT programme to ensure compliance with AfDB Fiduciary and Procurement Policy Framework.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the TAAT Program Manager or IITA management.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Science, Law or any other relevant discipline.
- Certification in Procurement & Supply – For example, UK CIPS Level 4 or above; US ISM CPM or CPSM certification; or equivalent certification or work experience is desirable.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience with at least 3 at the international level.
- Sound knowledge of logistics and international trading practices and some sectors related to the CGIAR’s mandate is an advantage.
- Ability to lead a team of professionals in the execution of major projects.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Working knowledge of AfDB and/or CGIAR procurement rules and procedures will be added advantage.
The contract will be for an initial period of three years. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching their Cover Letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click Here to Apply Online