We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning and Procurement Manager
- To ensure that strategic material planning processes are in place to aid operational and production continuity and also takes a coordinating lead, working in conjunction with internal and external parties to ensure supply of materials in order to satisfy production requirements while maximising cash flow for the company and optimising working capital.
- Formulate and drive a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity with the business, ultimately ensuring that value for money is maximised and cost savings are generated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Establish procurement strategies for acquisition, receiving and tracking of project materials that optimize quality, cost, and timely delivery criteria.
- Ensure that material scheduling strategy and processes are in place and work effectively.
- Ensure material supply meets production requirements with minimum stock levels, while optimizing costs.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions.
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place.
- Design, develop and implement flexible solutions to aid business efficiency, drive process improvements and add value.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that professional and consistent material planning processes are applied across the business.
- Ensure that any Material Requirement Planning (MRP) or (IT) system in place is effective and that data is accurate and up to date to resolve any issue as required.
- Ensure the integrity of Bill of Material (BOM) and inventory accuracy at all times, manage and control inventory levels and movements.
- Take overall responsibility of obsolete materials and ensure business is left with minimum liability and waste.
- Ensure strategic and operational information, reports and metrics are available to share with others in business as and when requires.
- Take lead on internal and external relationships to ensure consistent, timely and effective communication regarding material availability.
- Work with cross functional team to deliver effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5-7 years (Post Qualification) of direct procurement/logistics experience required.
- Good mathematical background.
- Competent & Advance IT Skills in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in Supply Chain Management and/or Engineering.
- At least 4-6 (Post qualification) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Competent & Advance IT Skills in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software/programs as opportunities/department needs arise.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proactively contribute to support, encourage and develop team.
- Confident and rounded thinking and able to motivate others.
- Resilient, optimistic and open to challenge.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and primary responsibilities.
- Flexible and work well under pressure.
- Project management skills.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
- Exhibit & encourage sense of urgency.
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, work under pressure with challenging deadlines while delivering high quality results.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strategic thinking
- Influencing and persuasion skills
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org