The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093555
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Agriculture, Human, and Social Development’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy High 5s priority of “Feed Africa” and “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
- The complex objectives are (i) to develop, policy and strategy; (ii) provide deep sector expertise to the Regions by gathering pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted to provide sector expertise on complex transactions; (iii) develop new financing instruments; (iv) the VP will act as the spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on aspects of “Feed Africa” and Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
The Hiring Department
- The Agriculture Finance and Rural Development Department provides support for the delivery of Feed Africa: Strategy for Agricultural Transformation in Africa, 2016-2025.
- The strategy aims to end hunger and rural poverty in the next decade through self-sufficiency in 15 priority commodity value chains specific to the continent’s agro-ecological zones. Realizing the objectives set forth in the strategy requires increased productivity; value addition; investment in infrastructure; an enabling agribusiness environment; capital flows; and inclusivity, sustainability and effective nutrition.
- The Department leads the effort to mobilize the required finance to implement Feed Africa and provides support for the implementation of all rural development activities in regional member’s countries.
- The Operations Assistant is to oversee the smooth operation of the offices’ support work and related systems by assuming responsibility for the organisation and coordination of work flow as well as reviewing, processing and executing a variety of accounting and resource management transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Agricultural Finance and Rural Development Department, the Operations Assistant is responsible for:
- Manage systems; create and process expense reports in SAP.
- Assist the management in issues concerning resources such as the administrative budget; monitor and review expenses and bring issues to the attention of management.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual and mid-year budget review by inputting data and the monitoring thereof.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Assist where applicable with the programming of operational activities by using the appropriate software, entering project information and producing the Department’s various status reports i.e. CSPs, Active Projects, Portfolio Reviews, etc.
- Respond to inquiries on operational matters from Bank Executives; liaise with member countries and other staff; coordinate with other members of management and partners; work with other operations assistants, secretaries and groups in different locations.
- Carry out background research in field of competence and present in a logical manner.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by management.
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems.
- Track and follow up on documents; deal with incoming email, faxes and general mail.
- Organize and attend to multiple meetings, appointments and events to ensure that responsible management are well prepared.
- Arrange travel, visa and accommodation; travel occasionally with management to provide general assistance.
- Initiate and prepare various administrative documents and forms, such as staff list, staff travels, staff absence (annual leave, home leave, excused absence and maternity leave) as well as statistical data when required on staff;
- Assist Task Managers in the preparation of reports.
- Create contracts for hiring consultants in DACON.
- Create contracts from projects in SAP.
- SAP entry of project information
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent degree in business administration, management, finance, economics or other relevant fields.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in Operations Departments.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of report preparation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Client orientation – works effectively well with various stakeholders.
- Planning and organizing – plans work, anticipates actions for achieve goals within area of responsibility
- Proven high level initiative and team spirit.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Responds appropriately to supervision. Makes an effort to follow policy and cooperate with supervisors.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online