- Company: NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
- Location: Somali, Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia Livelihood & Food Security Project Coordinator is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the CC Coordinator position is to implement delegated CC project portfolio
- Line management of CC project field staff;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps;
· Manage and implement delegated portfolio of CC projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality;
· Provide regular progress reports to AM;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
· Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
· In close collaboration with the Area Manager and with technical support of the FS Technical Specialist, expand, develop, manage and implement the NRC’s FS projects in Dollo and all camps according to strategy, proposals and plans;
· Manage and monitor project finance and budget; maintain strong control on budgets ensuring spending within available resources and in compliance with donor and NRC grant management guidelines;
· Develop proposals for maintenance and expansion of FS project. This includes taking lead and participates in actual design, inception and implementation of activities;
· In close collaboration with M&E Officer, ensures that lessons learnt and success stories from the programme are effectively documented and shared;
· Liaise with local authorities and stake holders to ensure effective coordination, implementation, and monitoring of FS programme;
· Represent NRC in cluster and other FS related meetings in the field;
· Ensure that detailed annual work plans and budget for all FS activities are prepared in a coordinated and timely manner.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- B.Sc/BA degree in Agribusiness, Business Management, Economics, Livelihoods or other related field
- Minimum four years’ experience with related field
- Experience from working as FSL Project Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
· Local language
· Understanding of various donor’s requirement
· Ability to work under pressure
· Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Handling insecure environments
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing performance and development
· Planning and delivering results
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by March 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!”