Closure Date: 14/Feb/2019, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FEGEO
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Georgia-Tbilisi
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: n/a
CCOG Code: N/A
The position is located at the FAO Representation in Georgia. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The National Climate Smart Agriculture Specialist shall operate under the overall supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Georgia, the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator, the technical supervision of REU Plant Production and Protection Officer and in close collaboration with the staff of FAO Representation and other FAO projects.
The CSA Consultant will be responsible for the implantation of the CSA related activities under the ADA Funded project “Strengthening capacities of stakeholders for the implementation of the Strategy for Agricultural Development in Georgia 2015-2020 and the Rural Development Strategy of Georgia 2017-2020”. The main Objective of the project will be to contribute to increased competitiveness of the agricultural sector, increased food production and reduction of rural poverty with focus on reduction of inequality.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate with the FAO office and the FAO Lead Technical Officer to organize project activities per output 3;
- facilitate stakeholder meetings and workshops held under the component
- Facilitate working group meetings under the component;
- Participate and support preparation of the selected product specific GAPs, provide needed technical inputs, hold discussions with relevant stakeholders;
- Support preparation of the action plan for the pilot activities/demo plots by providing required technical inputs to the process;
- Provide technical support to the international consultant;
- Provide technical support to the preparation of the technical content of the workshop material and workshop schedule;
- Assist in the elaboration of the publications under the output 3;
- Support trainings of farmers and ICC staff;
- Provide technical inputs to other project activities;
- Other tasks
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- National of Georgia
- University degree in agriculture/ agro meteorology or related field;
- 5 years of relevant experience in working on climate and weather smart agriculture policies/measures;
- Working knowledge of English and/or Russian;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of programme and budget processes and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Good Agricultural Practices and the regulatory framework;
- Knowledge of agricultural production methods;
- Availability to work overtime when required
Applications will be evaluated against this VA Minimum Requirements and Technical/Functional Skills.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org