The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Communication Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Responsible for managing data collection, analysis and storage efforts and the BASICS 11 database;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the BASICS II Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with timeframes
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators and check data quality with partners;
- Implement and coordinate M&E activities according to M&E Plan
- Ensure proper filing of M&E evidence and documents
- Store survey results in an accessible and orderly method and assure safe keeping of BASICS II data in line with organizational data storage policy
- Develop compelling stories – features, photo and video stories, and events that reinforce BASICS II work;
- Work with relevant staff to develop communication materials including press releases, newsletters, articles, website pages, brochures, banners, posters, guidelines etc, to support partners and investors;
- Provide technical advice and support to unit leaders and other staff in planning and developing relevant information and communications products
- Develop and evaluate feasibility, efficiency and quality of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s in Communication, Journalism Public Relation, Agricultural Extension, or related field with five (5) years’ experience performing same role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Good Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook applications, Cloud data storage tools like Google drive, DropBox, OneDrive etc
- Social media knowledge and experience – adept at using major social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Proven skills in writing, editing and proofreading, concept and brand creation
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity
- Strong command of English – possess excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, client management, social skills
- Experience working with diverse team including web developers, journalists, graphic artists
- Working experience with Bill & Melinda Gates and USAID funded programs
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)