Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
Application Closing Date
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Director
- The MEAL Director will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework.
- S/he will ensure that feasible and efficient MEAL systems are designed and implemented, allowing the project team to meet its reporting requirements and provide meaningful and timely data to measure project impact and progress and support programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring that consortium partners and sub-recipients submit complete and accurate data, and will lead in the preparation and upload of MER data reports to USAID and PEPFAR databases in line with donor timelines and regulations.
- The MEAL Director will also oversee the development and implementation of research, learning and ICT4D initiatives on the program.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences,Statistics, Informatics, Epidemiology, or related field;
- A postgraduate qualification in statistics, public health, health or social services research, informatics or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation
- activities in a health or social services setting
- Deep familiarity with PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting guidance, as demonstrated by at least five years of experience working on M&E in OVC or other PEPFAR programs;
- Demonstrated experience developing M&E tools and designing and managing data collection systems to track project performance;
- Demonstrated experience using project and national data for decision making and program adaptations;
- Familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E of development programs, particularly in the health sector, using appropriate methods;
- Demonstrated track record in designing and overseeing assessments, evaluations and operational research;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and roll out ICT-based data collection systems;
- Proficiency in database management, familiarity with the NOMIS and DATIM;
- Familiarity with statistical programs such as SPSS, EPI-Info and STATA;
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to build and motivate a team working with state and local government, community organizations, communities and families;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English; and
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)